Purpose of the job:
Ensure all activities of the knit production operation yielding maximum output with optimum utilization of man, machine and material.
1. Direct the Sr. executives/Executives responsible for managing and operating the Knitting Department.
2. Responsible for using lean principles and operating practices to establish, maintain and improve the value that the value stream delivers to its customers.
3. Direct knit production activities to assure that products are produced within the established cost control and quality standards.
4. Control knit production operation costs within approved budgets by evaluating actual expenditures with budgeted costs, taking appropriate action as necessary to accurately project operation expenses.
5. Optimize in-house production capacity utilization while balancing outsourcing/subcontract.
6. Ensure that Compliance Programs are followed and maintained by reviewing routine and spot-check reports, taking corrective action of any deficiencies to eliminate safety hazards;
7. Ensure an effective housekeeping program throughout the Knitting Department.
8. Direct the administration of HR activities in the Knitting Department in coordination with the BU HR Manager to ensure that company HR policies and procedures are properly administered.
9. Prepare and monitor budget, variance analysis and establish goals in line with company goals.
10. Report on production, maintenance, people, quality, safety, consumption, monthly stock, and production cost.
11. Foster a positive and responsive culture whilst ensuring the production schedule is met.
12. Evaluate staff performance, ensure floor discipline, identify training needs and manage their career development.
13. Ensure cost reduction by reducing all kind of production wastage and extra hour work.
14. Ensure safety, quality in workplace.
15. Carry out any other jobs as assigned from time to time.
Internal & External Relationship:
Internal: Dyeing, Finishing, HR, Store, Merchandising, Cutting, CAD.
External: Subcontract sources, yarn factory.
Required critical behavioural competencies :
Goal orientation, Communication & Collaboration, Leading people, Planning & Organizing, and Adaptability
Required key skills (functional/technical):
Knowledge on knit technology, IE.
Up to date knowledge on knit machinery/Equipment.
Knowledge on lean manufacturing process.
Knowledge on SAP.
Must be knowledge on Circular knitting machine.
B. Sc in Textile engineering, Diploma in Textile engineering or other related field
8-10 years experience in Kitting industry
Must have knowledge on Circular knitting machine
knit knit garment garment Garments and Accessories knitting apparels and accessories knitted fabric
Related Jobs (10)
Project Manager – Highways (north East) for Arunachal Pradesh on June 24, 2017 Full Time
NIIT : Urgent Hiring for Voice Assessor ( Gurgaon ) on June 24, 2017 Full Time